AWAITING THE EVOLUTION OF THE HEALTH SITUATION TO SEE IF THE 2021 EDITION IS MAINTAINED.
We would especially like to thank our partners without whom this event would not be possible!
From 27th to 29th August 2021.
48 hours of fishing from saturday morning to monday noon.
- 6h : reception of the teams;
- 6h30 : registration of the teams and verification of the permits;
- 8h: drawing of lots;
- 10h: access to the spots;
- 12h: beginning of the competition;
- 12h: end of the competition;
- 15h: final ranking and award ceremony.
The fact of entering a competition implies the obligation on the part of every competitor to observe these rules in their entirety. Any infraction, fraud or attempted fraud will result in exclusion from the tournament without reimbursement.
HEALTH PROTOCOL :
Participants must have a mask and Purell with them.
!!! It’s a fishing tournament on the riverbank !!!
!!! The fishing spots are only accessible by boat. For the teams who do not have their own boat, a shuttle service will be offered between the outfitter and the fishing spots to go to the spots on Saturday and come back on Monday !!!
- 20 teams of 2 fishermen;
- Competitors must be Canadian residents (any status except those with a tourist visa). Proof of residency will be required ;
- The minimum age required to participate in the tournament is 12 years old, knowing that any participant between 12 and 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult (over 18 years old);
- The competition will take place regardless of the weather. However, it may be delayed or interrupted in case of thunderstorm, flood, if the safety of people is endangered. In this case, the time will be limited according to the atmospheric events;
- The control of fishing permits is compulsory. It will be carried out before the drawing of lots by the designated person or his representative;
- The control of the material and the baits is the responsibility of the stewards;
- In case you fish in a spot more than 100 feet from your edge, the other users have priority in the use of the water. In all cases, courtesy and mutual respect remain the order of the day;
- Each spot will be equipped with a wooden quay, and a box (30’x30′ maximum) delimited by ribbons;
- Your fishing radius extends 150 feet on each side of the box (from the ribbons);
- The permanent presence of an angler in the box is mandatory. In case the teammate is alone and in difficulty with a fish, another competitor of the tournament can give a helping hand in order to exhaust the fish (the priority is the preservation of the health of the fish) ;
- 2 rods in fishing action per team are authorized;
- Reception mat (a yoga mat will suffice) and a large pike pole type sinker is mandatory;
- Provide at least 2 conservation bags (here is an example) per team to preserve the fishes while while waiting for the stewards to weigh them,
1 hook per line ;
- All fish will be returned to the water after being weighed by the stewards;
- Only common and mirror carp (cyprinus carpio) will be counted;
- For the sake of equity between all competitors, it is FORBIDDEN to put bait, to put down the lines and to fight the fishes in the boat. Teams with their own boat will only be allowed to use it to go to the spot on Saturday and return on Monday;
- The organization declines any responsibility in case of loss and/or theft;
- Classification determined by the cumulated weight of the 4 biggest carps taken by team (in case of a tie, it is the team with the biggest fish which will decide between the competitors, if there is still a tie, it will be the cumulated weight of the 2 biggest fishes, and so on);
- As this tournament is in the form of wild camping, you must plan what you need to bury your needs;
- A garbage bag will be distributed per team, concerning the sorting, a container is available near the reception (an inspection of the spots after the teams’ departure will be made and the teams that have left a mess or degraded spots are exposed to sanctions during the prize-giving ceremony) ;
- Provide water, thigh boots or boots (spots may require walking in water and/or mud);
- No markers allowed;
- Abuse of alcohol by an angler or a guest will result in the automatic disqualification of the team, without possible refund;
- Abuse of any substance by an angler or a guest leading to inappropriate behaviour for a fishing tournament will result in the disqualification of the team without refund;
- We ask you a maximum of respect for the fishes as well as for the fishing grounds, any nonconforming behavior during the event will be directly sanctioned by a warning, a blame or even the exclusion of the team;
- Barbecue on foot authorized;
- The posts being accessible only by boat, please warn the organization of any visitor wishing to go to the spot to ensure the peace and respect of all competitors;
- Any participant in this event agrees to the use of these rights to the image and to the use of his personal data ;
- Any team that does not comply on day D in relation to the initial registration file will be disqualified without any refund;
- You leave the spots with your bins, several bins are present at the reception;
- A weighing on Saturday at noon and the second and last one at 10 am on Sunday morning and Monday morning.
List of necessary equipment for any non-initiated :
For all those who are not initiated to this type of fishing and who wish to participate in this tournament, here is the minimum equipment required so as not to be caught off-guard:
- A tent to shelter in case of bad weather;
- Something to sleep and be warm (floor mat, inflatable mattress or a folding camping bed). WARNING : the ground is not flat and smooth like in a camping site ;
- One fishing rod per person medium/heavy type as for the bearded or sturgeon;
- A rod support (on amazon or specialized sites for example);
- A cock alarm (on amazon or specialized sites example);
- Prohibition to put the bait directly on the hook, as it may injure the fish. You have two options : either buy silicone hair on which you thread the corn with a boilie needle (“needle” or “stringer”) and then you come to fix on the hook by the small hole or for the most experienced a hair mounting type (see photo below), of which here is a tutorial to make it ;
- Mandatory weight sling (conservation bag to keep the fish alive in the water during weighing) ;
- Receiving mat mandatory so as not to injure the fish when it is put on the ground (a yoga mat is enough);
- A well big enough to be able to bring in a carp.
Over $3,000 in cash and prizes to be won, including 2 Deeper pro+ and TrakMaps products.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the organizers (see contact below at the end of this announcement).
Registration fee: 250$ / team* **
15% discount valid on an order on the site of carp fishing equipment: https://storefishingtackles.com/ (need to create a customer account, the discount code will be given to you by email in your registration).
** Does not include :
- Fishing licence of Aire Faunique du Lac Saint-Pierre : ~15$ (buy it online or the reception of the outfitter),
- Eventbrite management fees : ~16$
- In option : If you don’t have boat and you want one for the tournament, you can rent a rowboat (Yukon or Jon boat type with 25hp motor) at the Outfitter for the tournament, 360$. To book one : 1-866-836-1317
Except in case of cancellation of the tournament, all payments are non-refundable.
For all requests for information :
email@example.com or on the Facebook page of Team Carpe Aventure via text messaging.